• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo on Orange

NazT

Lurker
Sep 7, 2010
Hello everyone,

I bought a Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo on Orange at the weekend for my partner, I have an iPhone and we use all our contract minutes so were looking for some form of VOIP app to talk over wifi.

I went into the Android market place and downloaded Fring & Truphone (as Skype isn't available yet), both installed correctly, but with Fring for example she could ring me, but she could neither hear me or talk to me, and neither could she hear the test call. (I was using Fring too). We tried it with Truphone too and had no success.

Surely Orange haven't blocked the ability to do this over wifi? I'll be mighty cheesed off if they have as we signed a 2 year contract after the sales person had assured us this was possible over wifi.

Can anyone help? If there's any suggestions at all please let me know?

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones