• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root samsung infuse root gone horribly wrong

cad27d

Lurker
Feb 14, 2013
so my son rooted my phone and something happened and now it will only power on if you hold the power button then its a black screen with red writing in the left hand corner i am so upset i tried doing a restore nothing works has anyone heard of this happening and can it be fixed if so how thanks carla

well i got it to power red writing is AST_STAT=0X1.... PMIC_IAOI=0X3F PMIC_IAO2=0X0 PMIC_IAO3=0X0 PMIC_IAO4=0X0 PMIC_STATUS1=0XC0 PMIC_STATUS2=0X2C

wow that is what it says? i have never seen that before. do you have a link on where your son got instructions for rooting your phone?

in the meantime let me see if i can get some help on this one.

Upvote 0
I've been mucking around with Infuse for awhile and rooted my phone; changed kernels and Roms a few times. I don't recognize that symptom.

I will say that based on reading the xda Infuse forums, the Infuse is almost unbrickable. 98% of the time when the phone appears "bricked", it is not hard-bricked, just soft-bricked. That means there are things to do to fix it usually just by hooking to a computer. It requires someone that knows what they're doing, or you may be able to do it yourself if you post the question at xda Infuse forums (or here, but there's not as much expert traffic in the Infuse forum here as there is in the xda Infuse forum) and work at understanding the responses.

You might want to post full details of what your son did. What tool did he use to root? Did he succeed at rooting and then try to flash a ROM?

Most often on xda with problem like this, the first thing suggested is to try Odin or Heimdall (if you can get to download mode). I've used Heimdall to flash qkster's back-to-stock GB 2.3.6. package. Heimdall can be finicky.. requires trying several times with different computer, different cord, remove/reinstall drivers, read xda instructions very closely. In a word - persistence.

I have my phone lost once for 1 day and once for 4 days, trying to work similar problem (boot loop in my case). The 4-day adventure was sort of a nightmare... took me 4 days at probably 4-5 hours per day to get Heimdall to work. It started on a Monday, couldn't do anything during y 12-hour work days, had to work at night, and desperately needed the phone before a big family trip planned for the weekend. I was a sleep-deprived wreck by Thursday, but I got it working.

What I wish I had done instead (*) was to mosey on down to Walmart and buy a $100 AT&T phone like Fusion. Then I could move my SIM into the cheap phone and use it while I fixed my Infuse at my leisure. After it's fixed and SIM goes back into the Infuse and the cheap Fusion goes into the desk drawer... but it's still not wasted money... that cheap phone will always be there if you need it as a backup for anything breaking on your infuse (or any AT&T phone in your house). For example if battery completley dies and becomes non-rechargeable.... you can get a new one but it's going to take you a week or two. If you send it off to someone for repair, that'll take awhile. There's always more options and less pressure if you have time.

(*) - I'm pretty sure this will work. Not 100% but 95%. You might poke around a little more to double check if you take this advice to buy a cheap AT&T phone while you repair your infuse.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Good solution (assuming your son is a teen living at home dependent on your for a phone). Give your son that Infuse and tell him he has no phone until he fixes it That'll get him to get his b*tt in gear to figure out how to fix it. Then when he fixes it you can get back your Infuse and give him that useless i thing.

Upvote 0
The best way to unbrick a phone is probably the "Odin back to stock".

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1112555

Odin is a Windows tool that reflashes the phone with software (usually the original stock software) with just a few clicks. It can recover almost any problem, and it's relatively easy to follow the instructions in that thread.

But, like others have said, make your kid do it. It will build character.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones