• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung issuing update to European Note 7s limiting battery to 60%!

Preach2k

Android Enthusiast
Jul 20, 2010
North Carolina
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-Notetaking-6-840x560.jpg

Well It has begun!!! Note 7 owners not willing to Part with the Note 7. Update will bring battery Limit!

http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7-battery-limit-60-europe-724425/

Reactions: mikedt
I just got EZ Disabler and disabled 'Software Updates' (com.sec.android.soagent). It no longer shows up listed in Application Manager, but I can still see it listed and disabled in EZ Disabler. I also disabled notifications from both the Samsung and Android instances of the 'System Updates' app.

Does that sound like it should cover me from being forced into receiving or even being notified about a new OS version? I definitely don't want my battery capacity capped. I'm not interested in even considering it until we get a definitive, complete explanation of what causes the battery meltdowns.

Reactions: RaymondP
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones