• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung keyboard keeps re setting to default!!

This was a known issue - that any installed keyboard would revert to the system one when the phone was restarted (see the link below). It seems to have been resolved in the latest unbranded UK software. But you are saying that it resets randomly even if the phone isn't switched off? If so, that a new one as far as I'm concerned. What firmware version are you running? From your profile it appears that you should be running I9300XXEMC2 the same as me, in which case I have no explanation - sorry.

Earlier thread about this issue:
http://androidforums.com/t-mobile-g...6538-making-swiftkey-my-default-keyboard.html

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Freezing didn't work. Phone set itself back to Samsung keyboard as default but as it was frozen I could not type anything grr!

Anyone one got any other ideas how I can stop the Samsung keyboard re asserting itself?

Ta

Here is what I did, worked for me anyway. Make a backup of Swiftkey with Titanium Backup. Uninstall Swiftkey. Now with Titanium Backup restore Swiftkey. Go into setting and set it as Default. Reboot the phone and it should stick as default, or at least mine does.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones