• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Kies for Mesmerize???

cesardrgn

Oct 26, 2010
IL
It's been a week since i got the phone and now i want to add my own pictures/music/videos to the phone. i was wondering what PC Software you guys use or recomend that can work best with our phones?
i was reading around and found "Samsung Kies" but i also found that it doesn't work for our phones. By the looks i see Kies been the same or similar to "blackberry desktop manager" sync your stuff, backup your files, contacts. I really need a program like that instead of having to copy-paste all the time i want to add something into the phone.

what do you guys recomend or if Kies is the best one and we have to wait can i just add a folder in my phone at the very top with a music label and place all my songs in there by copy/paste or do they have to be located at a specific folder?

The mesmerize has a fantastic app on it call "Allshare". If you have any UPNP devices on your WiFi network, you don't need anything else.

I have transferred all of my music files to my phone using this app.

I got dropbox from the market, and I use that to manage documents and pictures, since it allows you to manage them from different PCs and your phone.

I have not yet had any reason to file transfer with any kind of sync program or the USB cable. Its been a charger only.

If you download Lookout, you not only get an antivirus, antitheft, and all around useful security utility, you also get a backup capability. All wireless as well.

I know kies is somewhere on my phone, but I've never had to use it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones