• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Kies to Computer to Backup

Hi there Guys,

Was just wondering I am pretty much a brand new Galaxy S2 User and having a few teething problems. Ok so just to start this is what I have done.

I got my phone from Optus and was using it happily. Most things worked ok but some things were a little frustrating. Anyway spoke to my brother who suggested that ICS might help fix some of the bugs and while it has fixed some of the bugs it has broken some other things like the Internet. (Get a white screen then it goes black then goes back to my menu). Anyway so I spoke to him over the weekend and he suggested that I back up my phone and do a hard factory reset of my phone which I am happy to do but for some reason (and this is a new thing) I downloaded Samsung Kies and updated it but my phone won't connect to it for some strange reason. I have run the troubleshooter but still no luck. I know this probably isn't a Samsung forum as such but thought maybe it is linked possibily?

Thanks for your help in advance. I do appreciate it.

Regards

Mark

P.S. The error I am getting from Kies is that it can't connect to my particular phone but it tells me the model and everything.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones