• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

kyle801278

Lurker
Oct 13, 2012
I have recently rooted my Samsung proclaim. every thing was going good till the wifi and 3g stopped working. i factory reset it 2 times and it still not working. i am a noob to android. this is my first android. can any one help.
also sorry if this is wrong place to post this.

First off welcome to the forums kyle801278 :)

So how long did the Wifi and 3G work after you rooted the device?

Secondly, have you made sure your phone is activated with your carrier since the root, i know some phones need to be reactivated, might want to check that...however, the Wifi is a concern, have you tried putting a different ROM on it yet?

Upvote 0
If you have 3G signal but no 3G data the first thing to check is the APN (Access Point Names) settings, in the mobile/cellular and network settings. That shouldn't be an issue for WiFi though, so that may not be the answer here.

For ROM advice you might do better in the Proclaim All Things Root forum, though that's not very active as yet.

Upvote 0
My Samsung Galaxy Procliam is doing something similar. I just received my phone along with my wives phone (which is the same kind of phone) I activated them both. Her phone has the 3G network, however mine does not have any mobile network. will only connect through wifi. when i went to settings under mobile network it shows connecting than disconnect than connecting. I need help because i called ST and they did a 3 hour troubleshoot and still nothing than told me that i may have to send it back. i really need this phone for work so someone could reach me if something happens to my kid. and i don't want to send it back and have to wait almost 2 to 3 weeks before i get a new one

Upvote 0
It's not a call but an access code to the phone's internal data.It should read up the IMEI number the instant you type the last # of the code.As it doesn't I suspect that this is the problem with the phone.
The IMEI number is unique to the phone and allows access to networks.Without it the phone will not connect.The number is usually under the battery/area of the phone.Write it down.

It's not easy to re-install this number unless you used an app like,"Galaxy Toolbox" to back up it's hidden folder/partition but there is another way without the need for expensive hardware,

Click here,

Restore IMEI and get rid of no service signal, EASY! Samsung Galaxy Ace phones! - YouTube

and I suggest you download the video so you can watch it at leisure.

Also google for other links on how to restore the IMEI number as the procedure may vary for your phone.
I've never had to use this method so I hope it helps :)

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones