• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung s23 customize dock icons

countryblue

Dec 6, 2019
I just updated from s10e, where I was using the Nova 7 launcher to make Home page grid adjustments, including the display of the home page dock icons

Screenshot_20231026-155704_Nova7b.jpg

With s23 I'm using the Good Lock launcher, but if there is a setting to adjust the dock area, I can't find it. I need to increase their size.

Screenshot_20231026_155709_One UI Homeb.jpg

How can i get this done? I haven't tried Nova 7 yet. I wasn't totally pleased with the way it behaved with the s10e, but I'm suspect that was at least partially due to the lack of it's OS compatibility & capabilities?

Is there a simple way to get this done?

Last edited:
nova 7 launcher? do you mean nova launcher? its the one i use...been using it for almost a decade!!!!

if you get the Prime key, it unlocks so much more features. you can even save your setup and restore it on your new phone. it makes setting up new phones a breeze to do.

as for Good Lock launcher....that is up to the developers. you can try contacting them and see what they say.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
nova 7 launcher? do you mean nova launcher? its the one i use...been using it for almost a decade!!!!

if you get the Prime key, it unlocks so much more features. you can even save your setup and restore it on your new phone. it makes setting up new phones a breeze to do.

as for Good Lock launcher....that is up to the developers. you can try contacting them and see what they say.
Yeah I also have been using Nova launcher prime since forever.
Highly recommend you use it moving forward...
Thank you guys. I'm kinda freaking out, but in a good way. I wish I had come here a lot earlier.

After the data transfer from my old phone, I started the tedious process.of settings things up. Included in material that was transferred was the "Nova7" launcher

Screenshot-20231029-122650-One-UI-Home.jpg

I was trying to be cautious. I didn't know If i tried it and it didn't work, what the after affects might be, like everything I had changed, within the app or elsewhere, would revert back.

Since you said it was "not" Nova7, so I went to Google Play to look up "Nova", and there it was, but simply named as you had indicated.

Screenshot-20231029-130051-Google-Play-Store.jpg

Then, something very interesting happened. I opened it, and my entire home page and app page had transformed into the identical appearance of my old phone, which is exactly what I wanted, including all the shortcuts I had placed on my old phones home page, that were not included in the transfer (or at least that's what I thought), before activating Nova....or Nova7?

But it kept changing back to the look I had with Good Lock, until I discovered this, and you already know the rest of the story.

Screenshot-20231029-122914-Permission-controller.jpg

I don't know about the "Prime key", but I seem to have benefited from some very nice features.

I understand that you already know all this, but maybe another dummy like me will come along and see this, and it will be helpful.

So, what's with the Nova7 thing? I assume I have the right app, correct?

Upvote 0
So do i leave it like that? I suppose I can understand the latest version not being compatible with with the s10e, but all my s23 apps are currently up to date.

I'll contact the developers.
which launcher are we talking about? nova....yes. good lock...you will need to contact the developers as you suggested.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones