• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung S9+ MDM Mode + the client doesnt remember screen lock password

TheManWithTheGoldenGun

Dec 20, 2022
Brazil
Hi, I work in a technical assistance department and I'm still specializing in software, a week ago an S9+ sm-g9650 android 10 binary came in, the customer brought the cell phone here because she ended up forgetting the screen password, when I went to format the cell phone through recovery mode, the factory reset screen did not appear, since there was no such option, I downloaded the stock rom of the cell phone G9650ZHU9FVF2 and tried to install it via Odin and via SamFW Tool, but both software gave an error and a message appeared warning that the cell phone it was in mdm, I already tried to download cm.tar.md5 and install it in the AP part of Odin but it also gives an error and MDM remains blocked, I already tried to enter Brom mode to use ST-MTK Universal but it is not recognized in Chimera Tool! I don't remember when it was, but after a reboot it went from being a standard password to a password of letters and numbers with the following phrase "Your phone is encrypted for security. To initialize the device, enter your password." What do I do? I don't know what to do anymore!

Attachments

• 20231109_165543.jpg
    20231109_165543.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 147
  • 20231109_165545.jpg
    20231109_165545.jpg
    774.2 KB · Views: 83
unfortunately the only way to gain access to the phone is to do a hard reset. however, this will trip FRP (factory reset protection) so make sure they know the email and password used to setup the phone. if they do not know this than need to do forget password with google. also keep in mind that this wipe data, but at least they can get back into the phone.

any other discussion on how to bypass the lockscreen is forbidden to be discussed here. AF frowns upon such discussions.

edit: are sure you were in recovery?

Reactions: AugieTN
unfortunately the only way to gain access to the phone is to do a hard reset. however, this will trip FRP (factory reset protection) so make sure they know the email and password used to setup the phone. if they do not know this than need to do forget password with google. also keep in mind that this wipe data, but at least they can get back into the phone.

any other discussion on how to bypass the lockscreen is forbidden to be discussed here. AF frowns upon such discussions.

edit: are sure you were in recovery?
yep, im in recovery mode but the factory reset option doesnt appears
20231109_165704.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones