• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Product Name
Pixel Fold, Samsung Tab A7
I have been thinking about upgrading from an iPhone 12 to a new Pixel Fold and one of the things I wanted to verify was that my car (2022 Jeep Wrangler) would work with Android Auto. I have an old (Android 10) Motorola G7) that I no longer use as a phone and I connected it to my Jeep and verified that it (the Jeep) would run Android Auto when connected to the phone. I also have a Samsung Tab A7 (running Android 13), but when I tried to run Android Auto on my Jeep using it all I got was error notifications and no matter what cables I used I could not get Android Auto to work using the tablet.

I worry about spending the money for a new Android phone and then finding that Android Auto will not work, so my question is whether there is something special about the Samsung Tab A7. Why does AA not work on it while it does work on an older Android phone? Is there something special about the Samsung Tab A7? Or tablets in general when running AA? What worries me is that perhaps newer versions of the Android OS will not work on my Jeep and I would spend all that money and not be able to use Google Maps to find my way around unfamiliar places.

FWIW: I tried to install the Android Auto app on the tablet but could not find AA in the Android Play store. When I checked further I was told that AA is installed as part of the OS in all Android version including and after 10. I tried to start AA on the tablet (and on the phone) but could not find an actual app to run.

Does anyone have any information that would help me? My Jeep has the upgraded display package and says that it will run Android Auto.

Last edited:
Reactions: mostakin

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones