• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Transform

You cannot cancel, it's install id, or don't activate, I tried while I was at the store. I really don't understand it, because those little annoying widgets are easy to delete, and from what I can tell, it's just a 'mood changer.' Mine is up and running like a charm.

I know it looks like an ID has to be installed from the way the set-up screens are, but it's not needed. I was "lucky" and for some reason it was saying ID download failed, so I don't have any ID packs on my phone. But once that failed I was able to go to my home screen and do everything. Given people complaining about the lag and bugginess of ID, I'm actually glad it's not working. I've had absolutely no problems so far.

Upvote 0
I simply chose the "clean" ID pack, which doesn't install anything else. It's the very last ID pack in the list to choose from. My transform has been working great so far.

I've actually been pretty surprised with the battery life so far. I got just over 24 hrs of use on the first charge, and went 40 hours on the second charge. Of course i have gps and wifi turned off almost all of the time.

I've been much happier with the phone than i would have thought based on most of the reviews I've seen. I'm guessing the sprint ID packs are something to avoid.

Upvote 0
I think that Froyo was just speculation on certain websites, really. I don't recall ever seeing anything official that said the Transform came with Froyo. I've been hearing that they will roll out Froyo "soon" after the release of the phone. I'm betting they roll it out around the end of Oct. or so (maybe even end of Nov.). Samsung is working on Froyo for the Galaxy S phones, so it wouldn't surprise me if they roll it out to the Transform in the same time frame.

Just reposting from another thread -- Sprint has announced that they will be releasing Froyo 2.2 for the Transform. This will be a HUGE increase in performance. :)

Sprint Newsroom | Attractive Samsung Transform Boasts Sprint ID for the Ultimate in Personalization on an Android Phone
"Equipped with the Android 2.1 operating system (but scheduled for an upgrade to 2.2 later this year)"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones