• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung TTS Male Voices unavailable on Note 3?

MaleManX

Lurker
May 16, 2014
I've been wanting to download the male voices for Samsung's TTS. You can see the option to download the male language packs in the phone but no matter what language, when you try to download the male language pack, it takes you to Samsung App Store where it says the file is not found.

Searching on Samsung's App store online on my computer, I can find the language packs but under "Available Devices", the Galaxy Note 3 doesn't appear. Why is that? Why are the male language packs not available for the Note 3? And like I said, this is for all male language packs in all languages. Only female language packs are available.

Anybody know why this is, when or if they plan on making these language packs available to Galaxy Note 3 users, and if there's currently any way to download and install these male language packs?

Thanks.

I meant in the phone, when you go through all the options to get to "Install voice data". There's the option to install the male language packs but when you touch the Download icon, it takes you to Samsung App store where there's the error message. You don't find the male language packs by doing a manual search in the Samsung App store and that's exactly my question.

Why aren't these packs available for the Note 3 in the Samsung App store, especially since the option to download them is on the phone in the "Install voice data" menu?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones