• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung WiFi Speed

samaruf

Jan 15, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Hello fellow Moment users,

I'm noticing something odd with the WiFi speed on my Moment. Using my netbook, I get 20 Mbps on the speed test at PC Pitstop Bandwidth Speed Test. If I check the speed using ookla speedtest on the moment, from the same location it's barely 800 Kbps. I wonder why there is so much discrepancy. My router is a Netgear WNR3500 b/g/n running 145 MBPS dual mode.

Maybe a compatibility problem with moment wifi drivers and router? Try reset router and modem then battery reset moment. Test again.

I tried resetting modem, router, moment and yet the wifi speed in the Moment hovers around 750-850 kbps. I was hoping there was a tweak somewhere in the Moment's system files(rooted phone) that I could set just like tweaking TCPIP in Windows registry.

Upvote 0
I tried resetting modem, router, moment and yet the wifi speed in the Moment hovers around 750-850 kbps. I was hoping there was a tweak somewhere in the Moment's system files(rooted phone) that I could set just like tweaking TCPIP in Windows registry.

tha'ts beyond me. i had trouble with my laptop wifi drivers and my router which was a 2wire dsl modem/router. i had to change to a older driver to get the rated speeds i should be getting. i was getting 1mb down when i should be getting 3mb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones