Saving Contacts to gmail?Support

1. vetteman4292

vetteman4292 New Member

I have a Huawei ascend m860 that has all my contacts stored in the phone. How can I upload my phone contacts to my Gmail account. I want to store them in gmail so when i change phones i can download them from gmail to my new phone. I should have link them to gmail when i was entering my contact to begin with but I didn't. Hey I'm from Arkansas give me a break. LOL
    Ant help would be appricated.
    Rob

Advertisement
    :
  2. preme777

preme777 Active Member

menu-->settings-->accounts and sync-->auto sync

i have cricket...in my experience "my backup" works better than the gmail sync...Using gmail when i restored my phones only brought back 3 contacts...
  3. vetteman4292

vetteman4292 New Member

I have Cricket also does Cricket charge for the my backup?
  4. preme777

preme777 Active Member

5. vetteman4292

vetteman4292 New Member

Cricket does charge for mybackup. $2 per month. I ended up copying my contacts to my sd card.
    thanks
  6. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome VIP Member

You should be able to hold down the contact and get a few different options. One should be copy to yourname @gmail.com. That is the best way. I put a rom on my phone. When I started the phone up again the contacts I'd saved were there. Fully saved with picture and notes. :)
    r0ckstarr and Gmash like this.
  7. r0ckstarr

r0ckstarr Well-Known Member

It's free on the Android plan.

See attatchment.

Attached Files:

8. awgz17

awgz17 Active Member

I did that yesterday and I still don't see my contacts in Gmail :confused:. I'm not worried about it though, I'm using Cricket's MyBackup anyway.
  9. IDontWearPink

IDontWearPink Member

A better suggestion would be start clicking your email when saving new contacts because that is how they get saved in your gmail in the first place. If you click phone it won't sync until you ask it to which is more complicated than just clicking your email in the option. In CM6 or CM7 it's a default option to save to gmail.
  10. Anduiril

Anduiril Well-Known Member

I always back up my contacts to sd card and copy them to my pc. Google has enough info about me they don't need to know who my friends are too.
  11. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Well-Known Member

you could export it to sdcard and take the export contact file from the sdcard and upload it to gmail.