• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help sbcglobal.net email issue

D

Deleted User

I changed my password on my email address, and now I can't get it to work. :mad:

At first all I tried doing was changing the password and that didn't work. Now, I've tried deleting the account and redoing it using these settings:
Incoming settings
protocol: POP
email: xxx@sbcglobal.net
username: xxx@sbcglobal.net
password
pop server: pop.att.yahoo.com
security: SSL (also tried it w/ 'None')
server port: 995 (also used 110 when using 'None' as security)

Outgoing
username: xxx@sbcglobal.net
password
smtp server: smtp.sbcglobal.yahoo.com
security: SSL (also tried w/ 'None')
server port: 465 (also tried 25 w/ 'None')

After doing this I get: Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding

This was working great until I change my password! :mad:

I'm an idiot. When I deleted the account and re-added it, it had the default setting of only showing emails received in the last 14 days, and the emails I have in my inbox are over 14 days old. I switched it to show all emails in my inbox no matter how old they are.

Thanks for the help w/ the smtp misspelling and giving me the idea to send myself a test email.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones