• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Scale game to screen size

oriz

Feb 17, 2014
Hello, i am developing application on android but i have a problem, how can i fit my app to every screen size and also tablets?

I mean if i have images in the game and background so lets say it looks fine on galaxy s3 but on tablet it will look very small , how can i make the app scale itself to the screen without hurting the image and background looks.

Tanks!

There is no universal answer to that. You need to detect the size on each device and resize your bitmaps according to the screen. In some apps it's easier to have one big bitmap and resize it, in other apps it's better to keep several sizes in app and use the closest one in particular case.

Ok thanks!
how can i resize a bitmap?
and another thing should i start working with an engine like unity or something else?
If yes so what engine do you recommend?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones