• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Score Widgets Not Updating Properly

mahers

Android Expert
Apr 2, 2010
Concord, CA
I am currently using ESPN ScoreCenter with Launcher Pro Plus and the widget won't update. It used to, but for some reason it stopped one day. I stopped using it and went to SportsTap. Again, it worked at first, but then said no games scheduled (which I know wasn't true). I went back to ESPN, but it won't do anything when I hit the widget. I have to go to my app drawer to open it to get any kind of information. What's the point of a widget if it doesn't do anything except take up space?

Any ideas out there? (I tried deselecting the home screen cache option in LPP, but it didn't matter)

For Sure...they are finally cracking down in SoCal. I knew they were a flash in the pan the last 2 months! (now we need to watch those pesky ass Rockies!)

Anyway, I like ESPN's summaries and live feature. Plus I can see the other scores, standings, etc...useful when watching the Pads disintegrate :). For the mobile version of sfgiants.com, does that load automatically cuz when I go to it, the full sites comes up and it takes forever. (No froyo/flash for me yet)

Edti: Scratch that part about the full site. I just went there again to look for the mobile link and it went straight there...odd. Thanks!

Upvote 0
For Sure...they are finally cracking down in SoCal. I knew they were a flash in the pan the last 2 months!

Anyway, I like ESPN's summaries and live feature. Plus I can see the other scores, standings, etc...useful when watching the Pads disintegrate :). For the mobile version of sfgiants.com, does that load automatically cuz when I go to it, the full sites comes up and it takes forever. (No froyo/flash for me yet)

It loads lightning quick for me. Still on 2.1 Have yor tried MLB at Bat '10? Love that app. You can find it in the market. Audio and Video of games.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I sent feedback to ESPN via the app and they already replied. They claim I didn't have the most recent version (although there are no indicators showing an update was out there??), so I should uninstall and reinstall it. I did and it seems to have loaded my widget for now. Let's see if the POS actually STAYS updated!!

GO GIANTS!

Upvote 0
Ok, so I sent feedback to ESPN via the app and they already replied. They claim I didn't have the most recent version (although there are no indicators showing an update was out there??), so I should uninstall and reinstall it. I did and it seems to have loaded my widget for now. Let's see if the POS actually STAYS updated!!

GO GIANTS!

Cool. I will give it a try. Just sent you a PM about the Giants.

Reactions: mahers
Upvote 0
I have the same problem with scorecenter. sucks because when it did work it was awesome and always within an out or two of real time. now it's hit or miss. I too wrote in feedback and was told they were unaware of any problems. If you look at comments on the app though, people are all complaining. Not sure, but doesn't seem like ESPN really cares to keep up with it.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones