• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scoremobile is on the market

Is there any way to get score notifications like SportsTap? I like how when I choose my favorite baseball team an icon will go up in the notification bar and it will make a sound every time a team scores in that game. Is this possible with this app?
When you set a team as Favorite in Score Mobile, any time that team is currently playing a game, it will be moved to top priority in the Widget. It doesn't give any audible notifications though.

To set a team as a favorite, you have to view any of their scheduled matchups then tap on the team icon. Favorite will be starred.

Reactions: JSS12
Upvote 0
When you set a team as Favorite in Score Mobile, any time that team is currently playing a game, it will be moved to top priority in the Widget. It doesn't give any audible notifications though.

To set a team as a favorite, you have to view any of their scheduled matchups then tap on the team icon. Favorite will be starred.

Yeah. This is the part that is ticking me off. I can't set an NFL favorite team because there are no scheduled games or scores listed.

Upvote 0
Yeah. This is the part that is ticking me off. I can't set an NFL favorite team because there are no scheduled games or scores listed.
Yeah that irritated me a bit too. But it's been my experience with ScoreMobile on BlackBerry that they're constantly sending out updates to their app. I'm betting it won't be long before more team management is added.

Upvote 0
It doesn't look like there is a favorite team setting on ScoreMobile.
It appears that you can add favorite teams. For example, click on the NHL game for tonight. It will show you the logos of the Habs and Flyers. Under the logos there is a "star" that says fav team. If you click on the star i am assuming this adds them to your favorites, not sure what that does though.......

Too slow, DenverRalphy beat me too it.

Upvote 0
Yeah that irritated me a bit too. But it's been my experience with ScoreMobile on BlackBerry that they're constantly sending out updates to their app. I'm betting it won't be long before more team management is added.

Yeah that's what I figured. It's not a huge deal. I'm just OCD about setting my apps up once and never having to do it again, and I can't set my favorite NFL team yet. I did notice they've already updated the app 3 times and it's been out for 4 days, so that's a very good sign.

Upvote 0
Tried it, but sticking with SportsTap for a couple of reasons.

1. I like having my favorite team always on the widget. Both for live games and next upcoming games. I'm always checking it to see when the next game is, if they are in town (Twins new Target Field is awesome!), and quick access to my team.

2. The widget is smaller and less ostentatious. The SM widget is giant and ugly, IMHO, and doesn't provide much more info for the size.

3. Live score lag. Yes, ST lags as well, but in my experience, SM has always been worse, including my BB days.

4. Game stats. I know it's a small thing, but I have to navigate twice as many screens in SM to find the same stats as I do on ST.

Upvote 0
Wow, looks like there are a lot of settings buried pretty deep inside ScoreMobile. Just discovered the calendar feature which lets you add a scheduled game to your calendar. Thats pretty cool.

Also as other posters mentioned, found the Fav Team star that you can use to mark teams you like. Although I'm unsure what that actually does.

Upvote 0
The favs star is awesome. On my BB Tour it highlighted your favorite team in yellow (all the other teams were in white). Also, when you brought up scores in a particular league, say MLB, your favorite team in yellow is listed at the top of the score list (saved you from having to scan all the scores to find your team). Really liked that feature on my BB.

Can't comment how Scoremobile looks on the DINC as I haven't gotten mine yet. Yes, it sucks. And, yes, beer helps. :)

Upvote 0
This! What's the point of a live score app that is not current. Checked it out tonight for the first time while watching some games just to see, and it was an inning to an inning and a half behind. Too slow.
Well the app is very young, so just give it time to get some updates and I'm sure it will be fine.

I just think the scrolling widget and overall look of it feels better than sports tap, but again it's all preference.

Upvote 0
Tried it, but sticking with SportsTap for a couple of reasons.

1. I like having my favorite team always on the widget. Both for live games and next upcoming games. I'm always checking it to see when the next game is, if they are in town (Twins new Target Field is awesome!), and quick access to my team.

2. The widget is smaller and less ostentatious. The SM widget is giant and ugly, IMHO, and doesn't provide much more info for the size.

3. Live score lag. Yes, ST lags as well, but in my experience, SM has always been worse, including my BB days.

4. Game stats. I know it's a small thing, but I have to navigate twice as many screens in SM to find the same stats as I do on ST.

The live score lag is very noticeable. For this reason, I am sticking with Sports Tap as well.

Upvote 0
For anyone coming from blackberry out other phone and loved the score mobile app, well it's available on the market. It's very nice and has an awesome widget. Easily the best sports score app I've seen so far.

Just wanted to pass it along.

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info. Being a Jet fan this app is very important as your games will be blacked out on TV this season because the Jets cannot sell their PSL's. Sorry as a Giant fan I could not resist making this dig. :)

Upvote 0
I like sportstab because I prefer to follow my favorite teams as opposed to seeing all scores.

Does anyone have a sense as to which widget consumes more battery?

For those of you who care about whether there is a delay or not, how often do you have it updating? I am concerned about having either widget running in the background on a "live" basis and the impact it will have on battery life. So I just have it set to update every hour.

Upvote 0
Anyone using Live Scores? Their iPhone app, Sportacular, is pretty good, I use it on my itouch. Seems like it hasn't matured completely for Android yet.

Doesn't lag at all for live score notifications on my iPod as long as I have something keeping the Wifi connection open. Otherwise it shuts it off and can't get the push notifications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones