• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Scratch resistant Gorilla Glass on the Droid X is a lie

I got my Droid 1 in Nov and put a screen protector on it. Then I saw a YouTube video of a guy beating on his unprotected Droid glass with a key. I took it off that day. Same for my wife's, which gets tossed around a lot in her purse. Not a hint of a scratch on either phone.

We got our X's this week......planning on going naked on both Droid X's but this discussion has got me thinking.

Did anyone see that YouTube video?

Everyone at Verizon I've asked says that the X has the same glass as D1.

Upvote 0
Where was it ever said or proven that the X does in fact have gorilla glass??? Says nothing about the X on cornings site, yet it does mention the original droid which was a big selling point. I dont think the X has gorilla glass at all to be honest

I had my droid naked for 8 mos never a scratch, my droid x scratched the 2nd week. I do not believe the class is the same. I was using it naked based on my droid1 experience.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones