• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Scratch to case surrounding glass

Hi Board,

I know there are a lot of stories about how tough the glass is and how its pretty much impossible to scratch.........shame the same does not apply to the actual case.

I got an extended life battery for the phone over the weekend and have not had it in any case since then and yesterday i noticed a scratch to the "screen surround". It is on the lip which surrounds the screen and is quite noticeable, it appears the surround is not actually plastic but anodized aluminum as the scratch shines when it catches the light.

So, i have 2 questions really:-

• Has anyone else managed to scratch the surround to the screen (and noticed how easy this is to do)
  • Is there anyway of "repairing" a scratch to aluminum as it seems a shame to have to see this every day on what is a lovely looking phone.
Thanks

Glad to know I'm not the only one! I dropped my phone in the phone car park while juggling briefcase etc into the car this evening leaving work.. not a good way to start the weekend!

I have a teeny tiny scratch on the surround and a tiny chunk has come out on the curved part on the top right corner on the front. Luckily the screen's okay! But I'm ordering a rubberised case as we speak to forget about the current damage/prevent against my clumsy ways in the future!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones