• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen broken - USB debugging not enabled - Need contacts off the phone

alaki2

Lurker
Feb 22, 2013
Hi.

I need to know the order of key strokes on the slider keyboard to enable the USB debugging mode, so that I can "blindly" follow it on the keyboard.

Here's the story. My shine plus's screen went off. It still is working fine as I can see/hear the status light and beeping working. But when I try to use adb, it does not recognize the device. Sure I have installed all the appropriate drivers and worked with adb before the screen broke. Just I have left the USB debugging option off last time.

Anyone with a working LG shine plus can help.

It's on stock ROM 2.1 but is rooted.

Caveat: my phone has been upgraded to 2.3. These instructions could cause nuclear launch. (touchscreen) [cursor on slide out keyboard]

Turn on phone (assume you have no lock screen or password)

Push settings hardware button (3rd one on bottom)

Push "settings" software button (bottom right corner of screen) [down-down-right-right-OK]

Push "Applications" (1.7 cm from bottom edge of screen) [Down x 5 -OK]

Push "Development" (0.7 cm from bottom edge of screen) [Down x 6 - OK]

Push "USB debugging" (1.0 cm from top edge of screen) [OK]

Push "OK" to Allow USB debugging? (1.0 cm from left edge and 1.7 cm from bottom edge) [OK]

Hit return arrow in bottom left three times to take you back to home screen.

Good luck.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones