Screen Capture not workingSupport

1. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Anyone else having this issue? I checked out some videos on youtube and it seems a lot of others cant get the screen capture feature to work.
    It wont even work on the demo for me and it should be easy. I tried swiping my hand/palm in so many ways and nothing. Cant figure it out. Everything else seems to work ok.
    I checked all settings, etc. so maybe its a bug?

UPDATE: FIXED SEE POST BELOW

Advertisement
  2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Well-Known Member

Does power plus volume down work?
  3. sincarafan

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Power plus home?
    iTzKPanda likes this.
  5. karen667

karen667 Member

Have you definitely got capture screen turned on in the palm motion menu?
  6. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

7. sincarafan

I got it working. Well actually my wife did. lol She couldnt even get the demo to work then out of the blue it started working and is working for me now as well. Sounds like a bug to me.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  8. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Well-Known Member

How do you take screen captures? I didn't even know you could.
  9. sincarafan

10. Eric618

Eric618 Well-Known Member

You mean dragging the side of your hand method? Works fine for me.
  11. Kie

Kie Well-Known Member

Works for me too but my missus gave it a try and failed. Then again I have warm hands :D
  12. Sylon

Sylon Well-Known Member

The screen swipe has been working for me but I thought it was a dumb way to take a screenshot. I didn't know about the Power+Home combo, thanks! That's much better.
    bobby2478 and EarlyMon like this.
  13. xI MikeC Ix

xI MikeC Ix Member

Doesnt work for me but the power and home does.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  14. bobby2478

bobby2478 Well-Known Member

It's very finicky, you have to have it enabled in settings and if you don't do it exactly right it treats it like a swype and scrolls the screen. I got it to work, but it doesn't work every time (sometimes it scrolls instead).

Holding down Home + Power is much better and works every time.
  15. Avaroe

Avaroe New Member

I had the same problem and looked at a few forums and have found the answer! To get a screen shot what everyone had failed to point out is that this is NOT an air gesture! the side of your hand needs to be on the screen and then swipe to take the shot, which is why for some it just scrolls the screen- which is an actual air gesture.
  16. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

its very complicated to swipe palm over the screen try pressing power button and home at same time and it works.