• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen died...

ICON32181

Dec 18, 2009
So...my screen died today on my original DROID.

It boots up, and sometimes seems to react to my touch (namely, unlocking the phone with the swipe), but otherwise doesn't do anything aside from informing me of the texts I received at the time the screen died with the noise and LED flash.

I've tried removing the battery several times. And also tried a factory reset, but being that the screen is dead, I can't get past the "hold down 'power' and 'X'" stage.

The damn thing is only a little over a year old, why would it do this?

I don't believe I bought insurance, so am I SOL?
Anyone else having this issue?

Feel free to direct me in the direction of any other threads about this happening to others.

Thanks.

What IS it with all these Droids droppin' like flies? :thinking:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/258810-droid-just-died.html

I guess the only lesson here I can offer is that an insurance/extended warranty like SquareTrade is good defense against Murphy's Law. Nothing I have warranted has broken so far.

Sorry to hear about your loss :( all you can do is take it to Verizon and see if they'll do ANYTHING for you...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones