• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen doesn't light up when receiving text

jasonT1981

Lurker
Aug 12, 2013
I've had the phone a while, but one thing that bugs me is that the screen doesn't light up when I receive a text. I have my phone on silent a lot so I used to rely on my phone lighting up when a text came... however since getting this phone, it has never lit up when a text was received.

The tiny LED light has a slight blue light when I get a text, but its not noticeable unless the room is dark. I've ran through settings and can't find anything.

Why won't my screen light up when texts come? :(

maybe the phone doesn't this kind of setting, maybe its not supposed to show any light when a text is received. Or there's a possibility some settings in your phone i.e; power settings, prevent the light from being bright enough or from just showing, or there is a possibility that the silent setting affects the lighting when a text is received...just helping you think more, not really sure why you aren't getting the light when the text is received...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones