• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help screen funkyness

sevine

Feb 27, 2011
Georgia
im rooted froyo sfr. the last day and a half when i hit the power button to unlock my phone all that happens are the bottom touch buttons light up but the rest of the screen stays dark. even if i slide it open same thing. i have to hit the power button like 5 or 6 times to finally get my unlock screen. also (but this has only happened once so far) i got a red tinted screen. nothing seemed wrong just everything was red. i locked the phone and unlocked it and it was back to normal. i have no clue. any ideas?
Update: so i odined back to stock. im thinking i may just take it up to the sprint repair shop. now (and b4 i had to odin it) it would not unlock at all unless i slid it open. in addition allllll my apps started force closing. tried just about everything. this is annoying. le sigh. i love/hate u epic 4g.

I had that issue with my Epic but mine wasnt rooted, My phone would also turn off randomly, I couldnt answer any calls, had web issue, you name it i had it, Well since I have insurance on my line I called Sprint to tell them about the issue's. They named off 4 phones I could switch to free of charge, And they was, The optimus, EVO 4G, Nexus and the Transform. I went with the EVO 4G and recieved it the other day. This phone beats the Epic anyday. So try calling Sprint and see what they can do for you. Good Luck! Keep me updated please!

Upvote 0
they are doing the same for me as well. it has decided to not let me answer calls because it wont let me slide the contacts up to answer and ive been getting force closes like crazy. i went back to stock, and have hard reset 3 times 2 different ways. im getting the evo. it was actually the phone i wanted in the first place but when it first came out i could not find it anywhere. i literally tried best buy and radio shack in 3 different states (i was driving to texas, then was visting family in vegas when it was released) and no one ever had it in stock. so im finally getting what i wanted :D
not to say the epic is a bad phone... i just havent been too lucky with it i guess. oh well im excited, going to pick up my evo later today.
although i am gonna miss super amoled :(

Upvote 0
ok so i take it back they arent letting me get the evo. all of the options they have given me for the advance exchange are down grades. the intercept, optimus or the transform and i cant remember the third one but it was a down grade as well. ive spoken to literally 8 different people they are all giving me the run around. i asked to speak with a sprint manager and they told me to go to a sprint store and speak with a manager about something called the "well program". well see what happenes but the manager said if they tried to downgrade me again then she would call me back on monday and see if we could work something out. i honestly wouldnt even mind another epic. but the last 2 that i have had to trade in ( i think im a phone jink) have been refurbs and i had issuse with both of them. i do not want another refurb. they tell me there is no way to guarantee that a replacement wont be a refurb. to say the least im upset. and my phone is getting worse.... now i cant even answer calls because my screen wont let me unlock to even see the contact to drag it to the answer bar. i have to call whoever called me back. le sigh. feels good to vent
/ long winded poorly written rant
also /sorry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones