• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Screen glitching, mocing rapidly on its own from app to app, menu to app etc..

kkaisu

Lurker
May 19, 2012
My phone is doing things on it's own..It will rapidly scroll, go into apps, open the web, rapidly bounce around between the main screen and menu screens etc.. I have done the "real" reset, where you hold the vol, power and home button, wipe the cache partition and reboot. The only new thing I did when it started was get a new 16 GB Sd card. But I did try the old one after the reboot and still the same problem. Any ideas on what else I can try?

Take it back if it's still under warranty (should be one year?). It's sounds like the firmware has become corrupted.

If not under warranty you could try to figure out a way to get it rooted and put a custom recovery and ROM. With it doing all those unstable things you might have to flash the Q's firmware in Emergency mode. If the firmware can be found (VM came out with the ZV9 firmware but it wasn't in a .cab file ). The only way to flash the firmware in emergency mode is with a utility designed for flashing it.
PM me if you need help finding the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones