• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Hangs at Initial Start Up

robbrookie

Lurker
Nov 23, 2012
I just bought a new Galaxy S2 today. I did all the essentials and ran the update and it was running fine. I was simply waiting for the battery to finish its first charge. Then it simply turned off on me and every time I try to turn it back on it freezes at the black screen with the Samsung Galaxy S II. I already tried removing the battery and that didnt help. I tried turning it back off using the power button and it still didnt fix the problem. Any ideas on what I could do?

It sounds like you upgraded your phone to ICS and now you're having problems. You may need to try a hard/factory reset. If you bring your phone to Sprint, that is the first thing they will try. You can do it yourself ... this will erase your installed apps and return your phone to the factory new condition. Either way below will work to reset your phone...

Performing a factory data reset using phone buttons...

1. Turn off SGS2. Remove the battery, wait a minute, then put it back in.
  2. Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
  3. Release all buttons when you see SGS2 Logo.
  4. Android system recovery will be loaded then.
  5. Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Home button)
  6. Select Yes — delete all user data.
  7. Finally, select reboot system now.
Performing a factory data reset using dialpad

1. Warning ~ no turning back after you key in the numbers below.
  2. Bring up dialpad.
  3. Key in *2767*3855#
  4. Finally, SGS2 will be rebooted and factory data reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones