• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen loose with Belkin cable and Sprint Case

mjben

Lurker
Nov 12, 2010
I wanted to share this. I'm kinda frustrated about it, but it's really just my fault.

I got a case from Sprint when I bought my Epic because I wanted a little more protection in case I dropped the thing.

I later bought a Belkin cable because I needed a spare, and I heard that the Samsung cable that came with the Epic was kinda wimpy and not great for a good data hook up. True or not IDK, but I needed a spare anyway.

The Belkin cable was pretty thick around the microUSB end, and when I tried to plug it in it interfered with the case- wouldn't plug in all the way. My solution? to slide the keyboard out, then plug in in, then slide the keyboard closed.

It worked, kinda. The plug went in clear, the keyboard slid up over the think end of the plug, and it pried the keyboard loose. Now I hear this delightful *click*click*click whenever I'm using my phone closed in portrait. Awesome.

Anyway, here's how you can avoid this-
I took a nail clipper and chamfered the top edge of the plug that was hitting the case. I wish I would have thought of this prior to loosening my screen.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones