• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen Protector / Invisible Shield?

Upvote 0
I have used Invisibleshield, Body Guardz, and Ghost Armor. The Invisible shield is the worst IMO. It has a rubbery feel when u swipe over it and in direct light u can see the "orange peel" look to it. Body Guardz I got 2 screen protectors in the box and it was much better than Invisibleshield. GhostArmor was my favorite. It took a few days for all the tiny air bubbles to disappear, but you couldnt even tell it was on the phone and it felt like the original glass. I think im gonna go without one at first but if i decide to buy one i am going to get the GhostArmor.

Upvote 0
I'd love to get something similar to the anti-glare one's that are available for the iPhone. Those are fantastic.

Not always. I got an anti-glare screen protector made by Power Support for my iPhone (got it at the Apple Store back when they were still allowed to sell screen protectors), and while it worked great for anti-glare and let my finger slide over it great, it made the screen look grainy. Got the same companies crystal-clear protector, and it is much better. Finger still glides pretty good over it, dry static application (can be taken off easily and even be recleaned).

Upvote 0
For those of you who have used anti-glare screen protectors, are they helpful when using the phone outdoors in sunlight? I have a screen protector on my BlackBerry, but it's definitely not anti-glare...

Thanks!
Generally they do give you a better view of a screen in the sunlight - I've got one on my Panasonic LX3 (camera) at the advice of many people on the DPR Panasonic forum (search for "boxwave" @ DPR panasonic). It made the screen much more usable in direct sunlight (which is important for that camera given it's lack of an optical viewfinder).

Personally I'm getting either a Boxwave, or something similar (SGP) anti-glare protector as I use my phone outdoors a lot.

Reactions: dbrits
Upvote 0
Does anyone have experience with just the screen protectors from Verizon? I was thinking of buying the 3-pack on the day I get the phone and slapping them on until something "better" comes along (ie SPG).
Are the Verizon ones just covering the screen or the whole front face top to bottom with the optical joystick circle cutout? You can't tell from the pic on Verizon's website.
Thanks...

Upvote 0
Another vote for ZAGG's InvisibleShield here. I had it on my 1st generation iPod Touch (sorry, it was before I met Mr.Incredible) ... for a few years now...going to the pool, tossing it into my pool bag with the keys and all kinda stuff....and nothing happened to it. It's def. worth a couple of more bucks.

Just ordered 2 of them for my Droid Incredible.

Upvote 0
Generally they do give you a better view of a screen in the sunlight - I've got one on my Panasonic LX3 (camera) at the advice of many people on the DPR Panasonic forum (search for "boxwave" @ DPR panasonic). It made the screen much more usable in direct sunlight (which is important for that camera given it's lack of an optical viewfinder).

Personally I'm getting either a Boxwave, or something similar (SGP) anti-glare protector as I use my phone outdoors a lot.
Great! Thanks! I'll probably purchase an anti-glare protector then. It gets sunny in SoCal. :)

Upvote 0
Dont order from zagg, i ordered on the 19th so i could get it early for my phone, now customer service is telling me that they wont ship it until the 29th when the phone is actually released, then 10 business days later ill get it. ZAGG SUCKS!!!! will never buy from them again.

yes, ive been hearing rumors ZAGG jumped the gun to secure all these orders ahead of competitors (ala SGP, boxwave.. who say they will be available at launch). smart move on their part but definitely a little sheisty if you ask me... they should have a clear msg when ordering when they would actually ship / be available.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones