Screen Protector?Tips

Last Updated:

1. beneoo

beneoo Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

Anyone here place screen protector on your Magic screen? I wonder this will cause any touch sensitive issue?

Thanks.

/beneoo

Advertisement
  2. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

I'm using a cheap one I got bundled with a silicon skin off eBay. If anything I've found the touch screen works slightly better with the protector in place.

3. Donkey3000

Donkey3000 Member

4. beneoo

beneoo Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the inputs Guys :)

5. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

yeah, I've got one and it doesn't have any affect on it really. still very responsive

6. grimmy

grimmy Active Member

I have a ZAGG on my iPod Touch. Works great, especially at reducing fingerprints, but it is a real pain to install. (Search YouTube for Invisible Shield to see what I mean).

7. dustoff

dustoff Member

8. Donkey3000

Donkey3000 Member

Still waiting on my zagg. This is rediculous. I ordered the 11th, it supposedly shipped the 18th but I still haven't received it. I would like to know why it took a whole week to even get sent out. I'm not impressed so far. Hopefully the product is as good as people say (sans the pain in the ass install).

9. Donkey3000

Donkey3000 Member

So my zagg finally arrived. The screen protector is great. The parts that protect the rest of the phone ... garbage. Its not fitted right, especially the back. I couldn't get the 3 'holes' (camera, vent at bottom and that little slit above the camera hole) in the protector to cover all 3 holes properly. Of course I needed the camera to be fully open, but also the vent on the back. Of the two, I had to choose between one, so I chose neither and didn't apply the thing to it. It also wouldn't adhere to the corners properly because of the curves and the thing was just simply not sized properly without pinching the adhesive layer together for tiny parts in the corners. Also the front protection pieces don't cover the entire area around the buttons.

my rating: 2 of 10 overall
    my rating of just the screen protector: 10 of 10.

Cheers.

10. dapaintballer331

dapaintballer331 Member

I was just about to post a warning on here....

Make sure you get a brand you trust. I bought 3 different protectors on eBay, ALL THREE MADE IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO TYPE ACCURATELY. It lost probably 50% of its sensitivity. I've had an iPhone for 2 years. This is better, but IF you use a bad protector, it wil be very very very hard to spell even a single word correctly.

11. Donkey3000

Donkey3000 Member

The problem was I didn't know any decent brands and went off of word of mouth (I was coming from a blackberry 8200 series and didn't care much about the screen for the 3 years I had it). As for the screen protection, I have found it to be excellent and find no difference to how typing behaved prior to installing the zagg protector. It was just the body portion that sucked. The screen is the most important part anyways.

Cheers

12. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

yeah, I've both zagg invisible shields for a couple devices and really, the screen protector is the best and only thing worth paying for. They don't protect any corners. For the G1 I got the bodyglove case and use the zagg screen protector with no issues.

13. enek

enek Member

Zagg Invisible Sheilds all the way. They are superb quality and the only screen protectors I use with all my devices.

14. badabing

badabing Well-Known Member

My ZAGG (Full body) shipped few days ago, I'll keep you updated.

15. grimmy

grimmy Active Member

I recently picked up the Brando anti-glare protector. It was a lot easier to fit than the ZAGG on my iPod Touch... It works really well for stopping fingerprints, which was my main reason for using a screen protector.

I'd recommend wearing a pair of latex/surgical gloves whilst fitting a screen protector - it helps stop accidental fingerprints, which are a pain if you get one under the screen.

16. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

i ordered the package one off of ebay that comes from hong kon.. 3 screen protectors 2 rubber skins leather case 3.5mm phone jack car adaptor.. all for 23 bucks

17. Lobo

Lobo Well-Known Member

18. touchmy...

touchmy... New Member

Already ordered the Phantom Skinz full body kit this morning when I got my phone. Now we'll see how long it takes to get here and how it looks once its on. I've read some good things about them though.