• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protector?

So my zagg finally arrived. The screen protector is great. The parts that protect the rest of the phone ... garbage. Its not fitted right, especially the back. I couldn't get the 3 'holes' (camera, vent at bottom and that little slit above the camera hole) in the protector to cover all 3 holes properly. Of course I needed the camera to be fully open, but also the vent on the back. Of the two, I had to choose between one, so I chose neither and didn't apply the thing to it. It also wouldn't adhere to the corners properly because of the curves and the thing was just simply not sized properly without pinching the adhesive layer together for tiny parts in the corners. Also the front protection pieces don't cover the entire area around the buttons.

my rating: 2 of 10 overall
my rating of just the screen protector: 10 of 10.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
I was just about to post a warning on here....

Make sure you get a brand you trust. I bought 3 different protectors on eBay, ALL THREE MADE IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO TYPE ACCURATELY. It lost probably 50% of its sensitivity. I've had an iPhone for 2 years. This is better, but IF you use a bad protector, it wil be very very very hard to spell even a single word correctly.

Upvote 0
The problem was I didn't know any decent brands and went off of word of mouth (I was coming from a blackberry 8200 series and didn't care much about the screen for the 3 years I had it). As for the screen protection, I have found it to be excellent and find no difference to how typing behaved prior to installing the zagg protector. It was just the body portion that sucked. The screen is the most important part anyways.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I recently picked up the Brando anti-glare protector. It was a lot easier to fit than the ZAGG on my iPod Touch... It works really well for stopping fingerprints, which was my main reason for using a screen protector.

I'd recommend wearing a pair of latex/surgical gloves whilst fitting a screen protector - it helps stop accidental fingerprints, which are a pain if you get one under the screen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones