• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Screen Protectors: Wet vs. Dry Application

appleaj

Android Enthusiast
Apr 12, 2010
USA
So I'm really picky about my screen and cannot stand having anything at all under the screen protector; I have a small little thread no longer than 0.5 cm and it's driving me crazy. What I was wondering is how likely is it that I'll get stuff under the wet application screen protectors such as the Phantom Skinz or Skinomi ones? I have no experience with wet application protectors and wanted to know if I would be better off getting one of them.

Thanks

I already love this thread and would love to hear the pros/cons/differences. I feel more comfortable with dry/sticky covers as the whole liquid/wet idea scares me with my brand spankin' new, 1st smartphone ever.

Can anybody also provide a general list of the screen protectors and whether it's dry or wet? ie skinomi is wet etc? With all the different threads I'm getting so confused. :)

Upvote 0
I've been a big fan of the Clear Protector brand as far as screen protectors go. Very reliable and comes with a lifetime warranty, they're always good at working with you if you have any problems.

As far as getting stuff underneath the protector, I have always found that cleaning the screen with a "no lint cloth" works best for getting it perfectly clean before applying a protector. This is the kind of cloth you would get to clean your glasses with, doesn't leave any lint behind like a cloth towel or paper towel would.

Upvote 0
Just be careful not to get any water around your moisture detectors underneath the battery door! Set the phone on a dry towel.

Regarding moisture and under the battery door -- does everyone's moisture detector (lower left hand side under battery door) say "void" in white on a black background? It kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it, b/c my Inc has been nowhere near any water. What does it look like when it gets wet? Does it turn red or something?

Upvote 0
Regarding moisture and under the battery door -- does everyone's moisture detector (lower left hand side under battery door) say "void" in white on a black background? It kind of freaked me out the first time I saw it, b/c my Inc has been nowhere near any water. What does it look like when it gets wet? Does it turn red or something?
That's not a moisture detector, that's a screw cover.

And for the moisture detectors, yeah, they turn red.

Reactions: MedfordMan
Upvote 0
So I'm really picky about my screen and cannot stand having anything at all under the screen protector; I have a small little thread no longer than 0.5 cm and it's driving me crazy. What I was wondering is how likely is it that I'll get stuff under the wet application screen protectors such as the Phantom Skinz or Skinomi ones? I have no experience with wet application protectors and wanted to know if I would be better off getting one of them.

Thanks

Go to best buy to get a zagg installed and you will be very happy.. They do a fantastic job. Mine looks great no hairs no dust.

Do it yourself and you risk throwing away 15-20 dollars each try.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones