• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

screen randomly blacks out, unable to resuscitate

NewChinaHand

Jul 18, 2011
I purchased my first smartphone about a month ago. A Samsung Galaxy Ace.
Overall I'm very happy with it. But there is one problem that kind of concerns me.
Sometimes the screen randomly blacks out.
I noticed a few other threads mentioning this problem, but the conditions in which it occurs on my phone are not exactly the same. Others mention the screen blacking out during calls. My screen blacks out when I'm not doing anything at all. I only realize it is blacked out when I go to use it, and am unable to resuscitate it. I hit the lower middle button and there is no response on the screen. The arrow and menu buttons on the lower right and left corner light up but nothing happens if I click them. The only way to resuscitate the phone is to power off and power on again. It always works again after that. But the fact that I've had to do this maybe 5-10 times in the month since I purchased it worries me that there might be some deeper problem.
What should I do?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones