• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen resolution changer. Help games run faster

Devices are starting to come out with crazy high resolutions, like 2560x1600 on my Note 10.1 2014. Even tho this is a new device, many games lag on it. I found an app after much searching that does change the resolution but is very buggy (crashes on my tablet when resetting resolution) and lacks many features.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nomone.resolution_changer

If someone could run with this idea, but make it more stable.. add profiles you can save.. add per app/game settings so it automatically switches to the desired profile when running that app (and resetting default when closing). That would be awesome..

Thanks for reading.

My answer isn't to help much, obviously, but just to make sure.

Is your device rooted?
Are you putting in outrageously strange resolutions?

You should keep it at the same aspect ratio as your original, so you'll need something that's 16:10 or 1.6. If you wanted to go for 1080p, for example, it'd need to be 1920x1200 or for 720p, it'd be 1280x800.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones