Screen Shots capable???Support

Last Updated:

1. adr8191

adr8191 Member

Does anyone know how to take screen shots with the 4.0???
    any help would be much appreciated thanx :)

2. Hook

Hook Ever since DU... ;-) VIP Member

Screen shot apps generally require rooting.
  3. ForkliftFred

ForkliftFred Well-Known Member

Check out This Thread tcat007 says Screen Capture Shortcut works on the SGP

Other threads you might want to check out: several people talk about pressing Back+Power on a Samsung Mesmerize (but it looks like a Galaxy Tab may not support it so the SGP may not either)
    Also, dixie_boysles states that "ShootMe" works without rooting, but again this is on a Mesmerize

Long-winded suggestions DealerMan suggests going down the SDK route and taking snapsots while connected via USB, while ethood1999 suggests using "No Root Screenshot It" which requires a desktop app to set it up via USB but after that can make screenshots without being connected

As I don't yet own an SGP, I haven't been able to try any of these myself tcat007 hasn't said anything about the Back+Power idea but I'd try that first.
  4. blackdog709

blackdog709 Well-Known Member

Screen Capture Shortcut Free
    You pull down the notification "curtain" and there's the Screen Capture "activator" . It will take screen shots from any app that lets you get to the notification bar. NetFlix, for example, won't.
    The paid version (or Donate Version)- as they call it) will let you trigger the capture via "shake". Files get saved to a folder on the internal memory called Screen Capture
  5. pcdebb

pcdebb VIP Member VIP Member

I also vote for Screen Capture Shortcut
  6. MagicianPe

MagicianPe New Member

AirDroid is also a posible solution.
    MTBrw likes this.
  7. ForkliftFred

ForkliftFred Well-Known Member

Just found out the button combination :)

Press the Home and Back buttons simultaneously and the screen capture will go into a folder called ScreenCapture (same as screen Capture Shortcut). You get the camera shutter sound and a message at the bottom of the screen so you know it's been made.