Last Updated:

1. Fuzzywarmth

Fuzzywarmth New Member

Ok, I am basically new to the tablet world, this is only my second attempt at one. Having the ability to take screenshots was a given, I thought, but apparently I am wrong. The previous (cheap) tablet I had, had a screenshot button in it's soft menu and I find I miss it. So, I signed up here hoping someone could advice me how to screen capture WITHOUT (keyword!) being tethered to a computer, as I do not have one to use. Nor lug around every time I want to screen capture something on a whim. I DO find it funny that under Settings>Display>More Settings it has the option to edit a screen capture, but no way to ACTUALLY screen capture. Unless I missed the obvious. And then I will feel (slightly) silly. And, I will point out, Power +Volume Down does NOT do it ...

Ok thanks for reading, and offering any assistance. I look forward to the sage advice that follows!

Good evening :)

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

There are also apps that will let you do screenshots on unrooted devices by such thngs as shaking the phone.
    Fuzzywarmth likes this.
  3. Fuzzywarmth

Fuzzywarmth New Member

So honestly, I DID try Power plus Home as I had found that option when googling, I will say, it works, but it takes about 40 tries (give or take) lol ... I suppose I wasn't doing it right the first go around .. thank you Rukbat :)

So, yup, slightly silly here.

Attached Files:

4. relic1138

relic1138 Well-Known Member

If this was a Nexus 10 or any other unmolested Jelly Bean distribution, simple pushing the home and volume down button would create a screen shot. Samsung believes their customers never needed any feature outside of HoneyComb hence the mess that is TouchWiz.