• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Script] Replace KingoRoot with SuperSU

hi I've read the whole thread but im still locked to kingo because of the DAEMONSU: text file busy error, i dont have supersu anymore, i tried killing the process but ps listed 4 of them and only allowed me to kill 1, but when I killed that one then my /system was no longer R/W, seems like I killed the process that is allowing terminal to hace su privs.

Help please.
This shell script is outdated and not working. Try this method manually without any shell script
http://androidforums.com/threads/replace-kingoroot-with-supersu-manually-no-script.1113561/

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Well, Icedove. For about a week I have been looking for some answer how to get rid of your favourite Kingo Battery Saving lock-screen appearing in the system - have not found it anywhere but got some good hints for the direction where to dig up :) Testing my solution today, if no probs comes up within the next 2-3 days I will reveal it as tested here - it works ok on my Huawei Honor 6 all day long today :) Remind me after this period if I forget.

I had removed the lock screen from previous versions before. It requires APK modding skill. I will try to mod it and PM you, since posting modded APK is not allowed here i guess...

Can someone please share with me, the secret to removing the Kingo Battery Saving lock-screen????

Upvote 0
Can say this script is still working. Just re-rooted my Alcatel Fierce 2 (7040N) after a wipe and reinstall of OS. re-rooted with kingroot from kingroot.net. Using ADB in command prompt on my computer to connect. Followed instructions to the T. Did get a few errors on the step where the script is wanting to remove Kinguser files, but if you do exactly as the readme says and turn off root authorization, and uninstall kinguser in the settings, then these files won't be found and these are not really errors. It's just the script letting you know, those files aren't there; which is a good thing.

When uninstalling Kinguser it will say it might reboot..I was worried when this popped up; because i knew if my phone rebooted, my ADB connection would be lost, which in turn would lose root access. Well, it did not reboot my phone, so I was able to go on and install SuperSU. When I ran it after installing, it immediately went to the update screen. After updating SuperSU, it then will want to reboot your phone. Let it reboot and all is well. SCRIPT STILL WORKS!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones