scrollingSupport

Last Updated:

1. hambonewc

hambonewc Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sometimes when scrolling down on a page (using my finger to scroll) the page will scroll all the way to the bottom of the page with a single flick of the finger. Am I unintentoinally doing a specific gesture with my finger that causes this to happen? Or is this just a bug at this point?

Advertisement
  2. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

yea i get this too sometimes. when it happens its not that annoying though i guess it would be if your on long page and it scrolls to the botton. i noticed it mostly happens when i try to scroll down when the page is still loading. anyone know how to scroll up with the physical kb? i know space button scrolls down.

3. flu13

flu13 Well-Known Member

On the Blackberry Curve, shift+space pages up. Maybe try that?

4. Moment

Moment Well-Known Member

I get it too. I'm not sure if there's a shortcut to hit the bottom of the page that we are accidentally activating!

5. n9ssham

n9ssham Member

This happens to me at several times per hour! It is very annoying and I need to know if it is a bug or something I am doing. A search for "scrolling" in the known problems sticky thread yields nothing. It would be a very nice feature if I knew how to control it. I would call it a "hyper-scrolling mode". Because it scrolls through the. List 10 times faster than a fast swipe, but you can still stop it buy just touching the screen. I scroll through long lists of may pages of information frequenty and it is very annoying not having control of when "Hyper-Scrolling" will occur. Any one else notice this?

6. Othan1

Othan1 Well-Known Member

Faster you move your finger, the faster it scrolls. At least that's how mine operates it seems.

7. meangene

meangene Well-Known Member

I also think it's a speed thing. Slow swipe = minimal scroll; fast swipe = maximum scroll. That's been my experience anyway.

8. pdx77

pdx77 Well-Known Member

Yup, that's the way it is supposed to work on Android.

9. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

that's not what the OP is reporting though... I've had it happen too, on long text documents, some particular way I'm flicking my finger causes it to scroll VERY fast (like 5x faster than you'd normally be able to get it to scroll by flicking your finger) to the very bottom of the page. I've wondered if there's an undocumented gesture that results in an "end" key action as well... or if it's just an OS fluke.

10. adicken1

adicken1 Active Member

I have experienced it as well, and as someone previously stated it seems to only happen if I'm scrolling while the page is still loading.