• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help scrolling

hambonewc

Dec 12, 2009
Sometimes when scrolling down on a page (using my finger to scroll) the page will scroll all the way to the bottom of the page with a single flick of the finger. Am I unintentoinally doing a specific gesture with my finger that causes this to happen? Or is this just a bug at this point?

Sometimes when scrolling down on a page (using my finger to scroll) the page will scroll all the way to the bottom of the page with a single flick of the finger. Am I unintentoinally doing a specific gesture with my finger that causes this to happen? Or is this just a bug at this point?

yea i get this too sometimes. when it happens its not that annoying though i guess it would be if your on long page and it scrolls to the botton. i noticed it mostly happens when i try to scroll down when the page is still loading. anyone know how to scroll up with the physical kb? i know space button scrolls down.

Upvote 0
This happens to me at several times per hour! It is very annoying and I need to know if it is a bug or something I am doing. A search for "scrolling" in the known problems sticky thread yields nothing. It would be a very nice feature if I knew how to control it. I would call it a "hyper-scrolling mode". Because it scrolls through the. List 10 times faster than a fast swipe, but you can still stop it buy just touching the screen. I scroll through long lists of may pages of information frequenty and it is very annoying not having control of when "Hyper-Scrolling" will occur. Any one else notice this?

Upvote 0
that's not what the OP is reporting though... I've had it happen too, on long text documents, some particular way I'm flicking my finger causes it to scroll VERY fast (like 5x faster than you'd normally be able to get it to scroll by flicking your finger) to the very bottom of the page. I've wondered if there's an undocumented gesture that results in an "end" key action as well... or if it's just an OS fluke.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones