• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card and Software Problems

I've had many problems with this phone(broken charging port, software, water damage, camera failure) and now another one: I've had software issues before so I was going to reset my phone which usually fixes it. However, before I reset it I of course need to to backup the info on my SD card and computer. Well, my SD card now is apparently blank and none of my stuff can be saved nor can I import it to the computer. I did notice however that all of my apps and wallpaper are still there. I'm confused how this is possible...I'm considering just giving up and resetting. I do have a few pictures backed up...If you can help solve my SD card problem that would be great. Also, I don't have a card reader or another phone to test the SD card in. I'd like to fix it before I'd have to go to the dumb AT&T "Support" Center.

Or remove the SD card and stick it in a computer. Then download one of the dozens and dozens of SDCard recovery tools.

Usually when files are deleted from an SDcard they are really left behind and aren't really erased...just marked as deleted.

I have had people format SDcards from their phone and from their cameras and you are usually able to recover 90-99 percent of the data from the SDCard

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones