• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card files disappeared

kennyh21

Lurker
Nov 21, 2009
I have a Droid. I keep audiobooks and photos on the SD card. I was listening to a book, bookmarked it, stopped and came back 8 hours later
after having used only slacker radio and the other auto app in background.
The SD card was was empty of all files except these folders on attached.
There are no files in these folders. Anyone which has a idea or suggestion
i welcome it.

Attachments

• droid SD card screenshot.doc
    91.5 KB · Views: 53
I have a Droid. I keep audiobooks and photos on the SD card. I was listening to a book, bookmarked it, stopped and came back 8 hours later
after having used only slacker radio and the other auto app in background.
The SD card was was empty of all files except these folders on attached.
There are no files in these folders. Anyone which has a idea or suggestion
i welcome it.

Not really sure how that could happen even if you are writing to the SDCard it would eventually fill and stop ...

so either a write error occurred or a malfunction of the SDCard happened.. you might try a dedicated card read/writer and see if you can use an undelete files utility on it ...

Upvote 0
i had this happen too, was listening to my music and slacker and bam everything gone. this makes 3 people i have seen that this has happened to.

Maybe slacker streaming is overwriting files and since the stream is temp it cleans up after it finishes and therefore .. now all is gone ...

I would uninstall Slacker and contact developer .... pronto

Upvote 0
Another user posted about SD card getting wiped who didn't even have slacker installed...so either Slacker isn't the culprit, or it's one of a number of variables involved.

We don't have enough info yet on this issue yet, but it is very concerning.

Be interesting to find out if everyone that this happened had the 2.01 update.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick turn once the steps to reproduce it were discovered and a BIG kudos to the guy that was able to figure out what steps were causing it.

If you had any problems with files on your SD card, please make sure you update to 1.0.386 version of the Application for Android.

This should resolve any issues you may have experienced.

Best regards,
Rome E
Slacker Support

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones