• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card full of Junk ?

Hope you guys can help ? I just swapped my 8gb card for a 16gb card in my Desire hd (its about 6months old). Followed what you suggested & copied data from Removeable disk E (phone) to a new folder on my pc swapped sd cards & transferred all the data back again.
Only thing is even after i had moved all my apps to the phone before all this there was 5gb of data to transfer back onto the new 16gb sd card ?? is this all junk ?? do I need it or can I just delete it.
Thought i would ask before I try, hope you can help

Have you downloaded map data? Look for a folder called .navigator, you should be able to safely delete stuff from that.

Also, do you have USB Debugging enabled? There will be a load of debug text files on there if so, those can also be safely deleted.

To get a good idea of what's taking up space, install an app called ES File Explorer. Once installed, open it then hit Menu -> Settings -> File Settings -> Show Hidden Files. Hit back until you're at the screen where you can see all your files and folders. Then hit Menu -> Manager -> SD Card analyst. That will give you a view of what folders are taking up the most space.

Reactions: Time Bandit
Upvote 0
HUGE THANKS to El Presidente :)

I downloaded ASTRO File Manager instead as it had better reviews in the market but my god !! How much junk was on my SD card & phone memory.
Cleared all the junk including (GAMELOFT users read this) full copies of all six games I had downloaded from Gamloft in a data folder (not the games folder) nearly 1gb of data & all the games still work !
Plus maps of France & Ireland nearly 1gb & tonnes of stuff on my phone mem including a data folder that contains htcGreader ?? and hundreds of unknown jpgs this had download :mad:.
I now have 801mb phone memory & 9.97gb on my sd card :eek:, phone runs like a dream again & I still have all my apps, games, music, videos & photos.

Thanks again El Presidente you ROCK :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones