SD card helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. MechArm1

MechArm1 Member This Topic's Starter

when I got my new phone 4 or 5 days ago I took out my SD card from the old phone put it in the new phone, opened "gallery" and I saw all the pictures that I had on there, I opened the music player and had music. . . .So today I was messing with the music player and noticed that I only seem to have like 30'ish songs on there instead of at least the hundred or so thats in the music folder on the SD card.

So I plug the phone in to the computer save my music and picture folders, use the computer to "reformat" the SD card, Open the phone no pictures or music, cool seems to be a fresh SD card.

now I take the music and picture folders, copy n paste them back into the SD card open the phone back up still the same few songs instead of all the music. And now when I open the "gallery" it says something like searching card for pictures but now no pictures at all show up?

when I go into the phone itself to try and format the card thinking that will add the properly named folders n such, it wont do it. format external card is grayed out?

Whats the trick to get my SD card to see all my pictures, music and even a few videos that I had before? when I open the SD card while its plugged into the PC should the folders be named something special or in certain "folder tree"

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Advertisement
  2. Rhiannon224

Rhiannon224 Well-Known Member

When your computer formatted your card all data was erased. Formatting deletes all exsisting data. Sorry this happenned.

3. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

Format = delete all

Whenever you put new files onto you SD card, the media scanner will scan all the folders and map all media files. No need to put them in any special structures. On the other hand, if you do not want the file to appear in your music player or gallery, you can add a file to the folder with the name [.nomedia] (without the bracket).

Gipson likes this.
  4. chicknlil

chicknlil Well-Known Member

Think you two both missed the part where he said he copied the files off and copied them back on again AFTER the format.

OP - When you put the card into your computer again (taking it back out of the phone) - do you still see all your music/photos/etc on it? And do you have any other SD cards you can use in the phone and/or test with?

5. Ph8

Ph8 Well-Known Member

Just a suggestion try formatting the SD card while it is in the phone, then moving the files to you SD card from your computer. If your computer formatted the SD card with NTFS I dont believe your phone will recognize the card. It has to be formatted in FAT32 (I think), which has a 4GB size limit.

6. bolt_speedman

bolt_speedman New Member

I'm having the same problem. I've tried.what y'all have said but it still only gives me a small percent of what I transfer. I've used mass storage and media player but nothing. And its random too, some songs in a album work and then most others don't. Should I have debug mode on or something? I.need a solution or.this phone is going back (the keyboard sucks too many periods).

7. RideBellChain

RideBellChain New Member

I just installed a 16gb card, then manually copied my music over. When I tried to run the music, at first all files were not found. Then I went into settings, storage, and unmounted the card, then re-inserted it. This time the media scanner did it's job.

Mark Turkel, CEO and Senior Software Architect,
    Palm Beach Software Design, Inc.
    Palm Beach Software Design

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I have to ask: Where did those of you having problems buy your MicroSD card from?