• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card & Media using battery

These apps are using all my battery power sometimes. Here are two screenshots, taken about 30 mins apart as you can see. I barely used my phone at all between these two but the battery dropped from 82% to 75%. You can see that Media & SD card are using about 25% each.

Why is this so high??

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-54-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-11-10-54-55.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Screenshot_2012-12-11-11-36-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-12-11-11-36-59.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 78
Am I the only one having this issue?

Today I've barely used my phone, it's been on battery about 4.5 hours (was at 100% when I took it off the charger) and I have 53% battery left. Media is taking 32% of my battery, sdcard another 28%!!

This seems to have started with the Jellybean update. Prior to that I had AMAZING battery life. Now it's worse than my old Droid 2...

Upvote 0
I have a huge issue with this on my Galaxy S3 - so much so that I purchased a Razr Maxx HD to use until I sort out the problem. This has only been a problem since the Jelly Bean OTA. I have factory reset my phone 3 times, reformatted the SD card, tried a new sd card, tried NO sd card, and the problem persists on reboot. If I force stop the "Downloads" app (process?) then it stops until the next reboot. Better Battery Stats tells me that I have a MediaScannerService partial wakelock - and that's why my battery is running down. The phone never gets to sleep.

Anyway, I know that you problem is on the RMHD, but it might be the same issue. Try force stopping Downloads, and see if that helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones