• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" on new SD Card

It was probably not unmounted cleanly. Put it in your PC in a card reader, if you have one, and see if it recognizes it. If it does, then click on the USB icon in your system tray (lower right corner) and click safely remove hardware/eject media. Select the card and then try it in your phone.

If that doesn't work, try formatting it. Formatting will destroy all data on the card so back it up if you need to save anything.

Upvote 0
It was probably not unmounted cleanly. Put it in your PC in a card reader, if you have one, and see if it recognizes it. If it does, then click on the USB icon in your system tray (lower right corner) and click safely remove hardware/eject media. Select the card and then try it in your phone.

If that doesn't work, try formatting it. Formatting will destroy all data on the card so back it up if you need to save anything.

I was going to suggest that you try to mount / unmount with the phone and then format the card. Sometimes the Phone doesn't like the format I guess because it didn't do it. Just one of the wonders of the world I guess. Either way I would format the card though the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones