• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD Card Unmounts Itself .. After Video Crash Possibly

llol_slim

Mar 27, 2009
Hi guys

I've looked at some other threads where people seem to have issues with their sd card randomly unmounting itself, but no one seems to have an issue with their X10 mini

I bought mine from argos, came with a free 4gb card, and I've been trying to watch some tv series I converted using Xilisoft Video converter, and they crash the video app and the phone, and reboot it.

The SD Card also just randomly unmounts itself, I can't seem to work out why yet.

I've tried reencoding the videos to a smaller size (mp4) originals were around 500mb now I have them down to around 150, thinking that might be the issue but it's still a problem..

Any insight, views or suggestions?

Many thanks, loving this phone so far, a step up, i think, from my iPhone 3G.

edit: just a thought, I've been using Task Manager to kill apps running, could that be the problem? Might it be killing something that should be kept active?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones