• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help SD vs SDHC

FreddeLobo

Lurker
Jun 27, 2011
Is there a compatibility issue between micro SD and micro SDHC?

I'm wanting to upgrade my memory and noticed that the maximum GB's that I can find on an micro SD is 16. I have however found many options for the 32 GB micro SDHC. Is the 32 GB micro SDHC compatible with with the Optimus C? or, is the maximum memory I can install to the "C" 16 GB? or, have I not looked hard enough and maybe there is a 32 GB micro SD out there?

Also, how much does the class affect processing speeds in regards to the memory chips participation. Should I look for a class 4 or 6 instead of the basic 2

Thanks,

Is there a compatibility issue between micro SD and micro SDHC?

I'm wanting to upgrade my memory and noticed that the maximum GB's that I can find on an micro SD is 16. I have however found many options for the 32 GB micro SDHC. Is the 32 GB micro SDHC compatible with with the Optimus C? or, is the maximum memory I can install to the "C" 16 GB? or, have I not looked hard enough and maybe there is a 32 GB micro SD out there?

Also, how much does the class affect processing speeds in regards to the memory chips participation. Should I look for a class 4 or 6 instead of the basic 2

Thanks,

Labeled or not any micro sd 4gb and up is an SDHC.
Read both wiki's for more information:
Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Secure Digital - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reactions: FreddeLobo
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones