• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

security camera app ?

This exact question was asked in this same forum I think day before yesterday.

There are at least 3 Apps specifically made to look at security cameras. I have tested one that worked quite well.

Here is a free one but there are others.

Tiny DVR - IP cameras viewer - Android app on AppBrain

A couple of the camera manufacturers have Android support from their web sites but do not have their App in the market for whatever reason too.

Upvote 0
i have cameras inside and out at my house.... when i leave the house i switch the inside cameras on... at that point if there is any motion in my house i receive an immediate sms then within 5 seconds i get a Picture of the motion... I have a homescreen shortcut to my cameras on my android, so it only takes seconds to watch... I use BlueIris software on my home pc with multiple IPcams and Webcams connected... It doesnt need an app to be viewed, just put in your ip address and port you opened, then id and password and WaaaLaaa :) all your cams at once or one at a time.

plus on the inside cams, they post a picture to a external ftp server at my friends every second while there is motion going on.. just incase they steal the computer :)

Upvote 0
BiiSafe is easy and low cost solution to setup surveillance system for home, garage, shop, cabin, cottage etc.

Just place mobile device (phone/tablet/player) with BiiSafe App to room and that is all you need. BiiSafe App is available for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and for Android (2012).

Device is able to take pictures/videos, give alarm of power shortage and locate with GPS. App is also listening with microphone and detects alarm sounds (e.g. fire detectors) . You can command it from other devices to take pictures, videos and to set monitoring on/off. You get alarms to all your devices with tone (even if BiiSafe App is not active). App works via cellular and WiFi-connections by your choice.

Setting up is easy: just give any email and password to create account. When you add devices just give same email and password. No need for IP-addresses or port settings like in other solutions. BiiSafe have multiple service levels including Free BiiSafe account.

Upvote 0
I downloaded the IP Cam Viewer Lite and I could not make it work. It seemed it was trying to identify the camera and then just checked out. The camera is made by Eye Sight - and since the app has no way for me to input the camera make one is reliant on the app to do its thing and if it works it does and if not you don't know what to do. There was a process given by the supplier of the camera using the internet, inputting the http address with port and then somehow using "video player" to see - but I have not been able to make it work with this approach. I to am looking for help here. thank

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones