• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Security Error - Authenication Error #9

Does anyone have a stock Update.zip for the LG Volt 2? I accidentally deleted & replaced some files I shouldn't have and every time I boot up my phone it says Security Error: Authentication Error #9 after the LG logo comes up then it shuts off. I can't get my phone to connect to my computer at all but I can still boot into recovery I just can't find an Update zip that works. I tried the Update.zip that x432hz uploaded to dropbox and shared on the ZV5 update thread but I get error when it gets to "verifying current system" that says...

"/system/priv-app/GmsCore/lib/arm/libgaes_rtmp_jni.so" has unexpected contents
E:Error in /sideload/package.zip
(Status 7)

And I rooted my phone, and with no problem at all I used Kingo Root's APK instead of Windows Program since my phone wouldn't connect to my computer after the 5.1.1 update.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobdcollins74

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones