• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories sedio innocase active or otterbox commuter with holster option

staypuft

Nov 25, 2008
chicago
i love wearing my dx on a holster, i currently have the vzw shell holster combo, but i would like a little more protection. is there a holster for the otterbox other than purchasing the defender series? the case seems to cover the dx completely when looking at the pics while the sedio leaves the charger port exposed but has a compatible holster. any input on the innocase active since i see people love the otterbox? thanks

I had for my iPhone: Otterbox Defender, Otterbox Commuter, Seidio Innocase and several others.

I always went back to the Defender no matter how much I tried to like the Commuter or Seidio. The Commuter would fit into the Seidio Holster but only with a lot of finagling and it was SNUG - it would fit but it wasn't worth the in/out hassle every time in my opinion. I would assume that it would be similar with the Droid X version.

Never understood why Otterbox wouldn't make holsters for the Commuter series and I really did like it a lot on my iPhone - but I just can't stand not having a holster - so it was always back to the Defender for me.

Personally I have a Seidio Innocase on order now for my Droid X and will most likely pick up an Active when available along with the Seidio Rugged addon for the Innocase when it comes out. And being the case-whore that I am - I'm sure I'll probably end up with another Otterbox Defender once they're available.

Reactions: staypuft
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones