• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seen any good ROM's lately?

Yeah, I saw your screencaps, Shawn. Which one did you load? There are two on that page, and there's zip for info on one of them.

I was running the ported version for the fender cooked up by Binary. It was basically the same port from Firerat slapped over a hacked up fender kernel. Still had a lot of bugs like browser and gmail not working.

On the MT3G 1.2 though it absolutely flies, screen transition is seemless and no lag whatsoever

Running the vega legend port now and it's almost 98% stable ..... loving it.

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I know I am going to get smacked for this but so be it. I know this is important. I rooted yesterday. How, why, what is this??

you turn off your phone and when u turn it back on you hold down the end call button and the home button until the phone vibrates go to backup/restore and do nand backup

the nadroid creates a backup file just incase you do something wrong to your phone
hope that answers your questions

Upvote 0
Aannddrreeww,

Thanks you that did help. Does that just save on my Sd??

So speaking of 2.1 ROMS I have been using Open Eclair the last couple days (rooted over the weekend using The Unlockr 1 click) and i must say I am not happy with it. Quite slow!!!.

Looks to be a largely downloaded ROM on Android Spin so I though it would be good. Is it?? Am I needing to do something different??

The new CM Rom scares me cause there seems to be more than just flashing the rom and I don't know what it means about the google add on.

BTW using MY3G original

Upvote 0
Flashing the Google add-ons is no different than flashing the defanged base in previous versions of CM and the current versions of SuperD, ie. not a big deal.

LOL Damn I am a newb!!!! I don't even know what that means. I just rooted my MT3G over this past weekend so I guess I am a newb.

Anyway, I just can't flash any ROM other than Open Eclair and the 1.6 donut Unlockr recommends in the video. I DON"T KNOW WHY!!! And I can't get an answer.

I tried like 6 or 7 different ROMs and they all hang on the Boot screen. Anyone have insight to this??

Upvote 0
I tried like 6 or 7 different ROMs and they all hang on the Boot screen. Anyone have insight to this??

Hangs for how long? All fresh ROMs take several minutes to completely install the first time.

I'd have to take a look at the install procedures for OpenEclair and the other to get an idea of why the others may not install, and unfortunately I'm headed to bed.

You might want to take a look at the CM Wiki to see where the install procedures differ.

Upvote 0
I just did this- the screen shows an angled Triangle with an exclamation point in the middle, as well as an image of the phone.

Is it creating the backup or did I do something wrong?

you turn off your phone and when u turn it back on you hold down the end call button and the home button until the phone vibrates go to backup/restore and do nand backup

the nadroid creates a backup file just incase you do something wrong to your phone
hope that answers your questions

Upvote 0
I just did this- the screen shows an angled Triangle with an exclamation point in the middle, as well as an image of the phone.

Is it creating the backup or did I do something wrong?

Um im not sure about that...to check if it was successfully made just plug in your phone into your computer and see if theres a folder called nadroid. if so then you did it

Upvote 0
Ted's espresso theme is pretty nice if your running CM4, or if you're feeling adventurous, CR's slide BETA/espresso sense UI is probably the most functional MyTouch Slide rom out at the moment. I believe it's due an update today as well.

CM4?? Not sure what that is.

As for the Slide ROM that I am interested in. I might even buy a slide when they come out!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones