• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Seidio and Case-Mate discussions for the HTC EVO 4G LTE

PattiCakeUS

Android Expert
May 24, 2010
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Haven't ever had a white phone, but I have always wanted one, they just released them too damn late. lol

Seidio seems to have a nice white case. Not quite the same as a white phone but it solves the issue of so many colors on the back of the phone, and has a nice clean look. I might just try that when I finally get my new phone :p

seidioonline.com

Seidio seems to have a nice white case. Not quite the same as a white phone but it solves the issue of so many colors on the back of the phone, and has a nice clean look. I might just try that when I finally get my new phone :p

seidioonline.com

I'm gonna have to say no thanks on that case, imo, it's rather ugly. And I am sure there will be a white EVO. I'll just wait haha :p

Upvote 0
Aww, here I thought it was nice, clean, simple.... I kind of like it! But yeah it would be nicer if there was just a white model, I totally agree :)

I haven't looked much at the GSIII specs but my first impression from just the info. on the samsung site is "blech" - it seems dumbed-down to me. Keep in mind that I haven't done a lot of reading on it but if for some reason the EVO 4G LTE never actually pans out, I'll just stick with my Shift until something better comes along :D

I think this one looks a little better, Case-Mate HTC Evo 4G LTE Barely There Cases (Case-Mate HTCEVOLTEBT), HTC EVO 4G LTE Cases, Covers, Skins by Case-mate

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hey I agree, that is a bit nicer... and it comes in pink! :D I do love pink but I'm not sure I'd want my phone in a pink case, that's a little too flashy for me, I normally go for boring black. I think there are more cutouts for buttons on this case too, which I think is a plus.

I got the pink feather case for my Nexus S, I liked it because it was matte finish. I rocked it....haha

Upvote 0
I have the case-mate currently on my EVO and I love it. I don't know if I want to use this again for the new EVO. It's nice and sleek. I may want to use something thinner.

I really like the Case-Mate case now, it's called "barely there" so I get the impression it's pretty thin. I just can't decide yet which color I'll get..... :thinking:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't like the case mate barely there cause it doesn't cover around the phone. I had a Seidio Surface case on my OG EVO it was good but the purple paint kept chipping off and I ended up with an Active which has been my favorite ever since. I had an Active on my 3D and loved it. Seidio let me review one last year and it was great. But for the new EVO I don't know why they couldn't make the Active have the cut out for the kickstand. I don't like the kickstand on the back of the case. I want to use the EVO"s kickstand so I'm gonna go with the purple surface case again. I had the surface kickstand one for my 3D that I eventually bought after it came out and still used the Active too.

Upvote 0
Case-Mate Barely There impressions:

The black matte version has a nice soft-touch finish, whereas the white version is glossy (and kinda slippery). The black feels slightly more refined and higher quality because of this.

The case is very thin and unobtrusive. Case appears to be level with the camera shroud.

Both snap in affirmatively, and the LTEvo seats in very, very tightly, no gaps or tolerances (unlike my Evo 3D).

Biggest problem is, there is little to no clearance for the kickstand so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get my fingernail in there to flick it open. Hmmm..... design flaw?

Upvote 0
I've used the Barely There case for my 3D and liked it a lot. The only problem I had with it its that it allowed a lot of dust between the case and the back of the phone. I'm wondering if that ultimately contributed to the dust I ended up with under the screen.

In the past (for my BlackBerry, Hero, and OG EVO, I used a Sena case, and I loved it. I may check to see if they will have it for the LTEVO. Wonder if the One X case would work? I believe they have them in stock.

www.senacases.com

Reactions: desert dogs
Upvote 0
Case-Mate Barely There impressions:

The black matte version has a nice soft-touch finish, whereas the white version is glossy (and kinda slippery). The black feels slightly more refined and higher quality because of this.

The case is very thin and unobtrusive. Case appears to be level with the camera shroud.

Both snap in affirmatively, and the LTEvo seats in very, very tightly, no gaps or tolerances (unlike my Evo 3D).

Biggest problem is, there is little to no clearance for the kickstand so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to get my fingernail in there to flick it open. Hmmm..... design flaw?

Dang. Sold out

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones